S. Benton Cantey V
Benton Cantey represents a variety of publicly traded and privately held corporate clients in complex mergers and acquisitions, including negotiated acquisitions and divestitures, controlled auctions, strategic alliances, and joint ventures. Mr. Cantey also assists clients with public financing through the issuance of debt and equity securities. Additionally, he regularly advises clients regarding various aspects of corporate and securities laws, including SEC compliance and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Cantey has been voted by Texas Monthly Super Lawyers as one of the "Texas Rising Stars" in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions, as published in Texas Monthly and Law & Politics magazines. Additionally, Mr. Cantey was recognized as a "Top Attorney" in Corporate Finance / Mergers & Acquisitions by Fort Worth, Texas magazine, as well as a "40 Under 40" honoree by the Fort Worth Business Press. Mr. Cantey has also been named a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and serves as an adjunct professor of business law at Texas Christian University.
Experience and highlights
- Represented AZZ incorporated (NYSE) in connection with its $126,000,000 tender offer acquisition of North American Galvanizing & Coatings, Inc. (NASDAQ)
- Represented a NYSE public company in connection with its private placement of $125,000,000 of notes
- Represented AMR Corporation, parent company of American Airlines, Inc., in connection with its $480,000,000 sale of its wholly-owned subsidiary, American Beacon Advisors, Inc. to TPG Capital and Pharos Capital
- Represented a NYSE public oil and gas company in connection with a $1 billion public offering of Senior Notes
- Represented NYSE public company in connection with two Canadian acquisitions
- Represented HM Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Blethen Maine Newspapers, Inc. from the Seattle Times Company.
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with the formation of a $150,000,000 real estate private equity fund
- Represented a NYSE public electrical and industrial products company in connection with its $85,000,000 asset acquisition of six galvanizing plants
- Represented a laundry company in connection with its $116,000,000 sale to a public company
- Represented an electronic component manufacturer in its sale to Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Represented oil and gas service provider and its shareholders in connection with a substantial equity investment by a private equity fund and concurrent bank financings related thereto and with its subsequent numerous acquisitions and refinancings ranging from $40 million to $100 million
Affiliations and honors
- Leadership Fort Worth
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- Auburn University Football Lettermen Club
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM. in Securities and Financial Regulation, with Distinction)
- The University of Tulsa, J.D. with highest honors
- Texas Tech University, M.B.A.
- Auburn University, B.A.
State Bar of Texas