From its inception, Kelly Hart has been committed to hiring the best and brightest attorneys without regard to age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability. After opening its doors in 1979, 2 of the first 4 associates hired by Kelly Hart were women. By 1987, those 2 women were elevated to equity partner status and remain equity partners today.
Kelly Hart continues to be committed to the development of a diverse and inclusive workplace for attorneys, professionals and other staff members. We believe the knowledge and depth of life experiences these individuals bring to the firm are invaluable, and increase the skill and perception with which we provide legal services to our clients and contribute to our communities. Our commitment to diversity has created an atmosphere in which our people thrive and are encouraged to use their different talents, perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to serve our clients.
We make a special effort to identify and interview diverse candidates at all law schools at which we recruit. Members of the Recruiting and Diversity Committees attend minority job fairs and participate in events to meet talented and diverse law students, judicial clerks, and lateral candidates. Our recruitment and retention efforts involve ongoing and active participation in law schools and minority association job fairs, including efforts with the Sunbelt Minority Job Fair in Dallas.
Recruiting talented lawyers is only the first step. We are also dedicated to developing, retaining, and promoting our attorneys. In addition to a firm culture of collegiality and mutual respect, we have created mentoring and professional development programs to ensure that our lawyers receive every opportunity to achieve personal growth and professional success.
As evidence of our commitment to diversity, Kelly Hart has established a committee to coordinate and oversee the firm's diversity efforts. The Diversity Committee members include:
The firm also sponsors various minority and diversity related activities. Recent sponsored events include:
- Annual Texas Minority Counsel Programs
- Texas Wall Street Women Industry Panel
- National Diversity Council
- Multicultural Alliance Programs
- Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber
- University of Texas Center for Women in Law's Power Summit on Law & Leadership
- Travis County Women Lawyers' Association and Foundation Annual Grants and Awards Program
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association Regional Networking Forum
- Texas Minority Counsel Annual CLE Program
- Fort Worth Metropolotican Black Chamber Commerce
- Lousiana State Bar Association Diversity Conclave
- Texas Appleseed Diversity Legal Scholars Program
- Women's Energy Network