F. Richard Bernasek has more than 40 years of experience handling mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, leveraged acquisitions and recapitalizations, securities offerings, financings, joint ventures, partnerships and similar matters. Mr. Bernasek has represented clients from a broad range of industries, including financial institutions, technology firms, retailers, communications companies and oil and natural gas producers. Mr. Bernasek's representation also extends to counseling public and closely-held companies in general corporate and partnership matters and family offices in investment matters.
Experience and highlights
- Hugoton Royalty Trust – $142.5 million Trust Units
- XTO Energy Inc. – $1.25 billion Senior Notes
- XTO Energy Inc. – $1 billion Common Stock
- XTO Energy Inc. – $1 billion Senior Notes
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented TTI, Inc. in its acquisition of Sager Electronic Supply Company, Inc.
- Represented TTI, Inc. in several strategic acquisitions in the U.S. and abroad
- Represented AMR Corporation in the sale of its asset management subsidiary, American Beacon Advisors, Inc.
- Represented AZZ incorporated in several strategic acquisitions
- Represented Automatic Laundry Company, Ltd. in its sale to Mac-Gray Corporation
- Represented IMin Partners in the purchase of the Kaolin business unit from J. M. Huber Corporation
- Represented TTI, Inc. in the sale of its assets to Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- Represented Seven Network Ltd. in the acquisition with its partner, Tracinda Corporation, of all the capital stock of Metro Goldwyn Mayer, Inc.
- Represented a limited partnership in the sale of its subsidiary partnerships with high priority water rights to U.S. Filter Corporation for U.S. Filter stock
- Represented a Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Arch Mineral Corporation in connection with the merger of Arch with Ashland Coal Company to create Arch Coal Corporation, a New York Stock Exchange listed company
- Represented Fresh, Inc., and its shareholders in a merger with LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, Inc. in which LVMH acquired a 65% interest in Fresh for cash
- Represented The BMS Enterprises, Inc. in its leveraged recapitalization, whereby the Blackmon family acquired sole ownership and control
- Seven Network Ltd. — $250 million of Senior Notes
- XTO Energy Inc. — $400 million of Senior Notes
- Wes Trac Pty Ltd. — $350 million of Senior Notes
- Private Equity Investments
- Represented family offices in connection with investments in private equity funds, venture capital funds and hedge funds involving total commitments in excess of $1.0 billion
Affiliations and honors
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- Texas General Counsel Management Practices Forum, Board Member, 2000-2001
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2007-2020
- Named a Top Attorney in Business Law by 360 West magazine, 2017
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2007-2010, 2013-2016
- Selected as a Top Attorney by Fort Worth, Texas magazine in Mergers and Acquisitions, 2002-2012, 2014
- "Lawyers of Distinction" (Securities Law), Fort Worth Business Press, 2003-2010
- The University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 1972
Kansas Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
Order of the Coif
C.C. Stewart Award
- Kansas State University, B. A., cum laude, 1969
- State Bar of Texas, 1972
- U.S. Tax Court