Peter A. Kopfinger
He also represents businesses in various areas of need including the negotiating and drafting of business agreements, loan agreements, and food distribution agreements. In addition to being an attorney, Mr. Kopfinger is a certified public accountant (inactive).
Mr. Kopfinger graduated from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1986. In 1991, he earned his J.D. from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University. Mr. Kopfinger also received his LL.M., in 1998, from Tulane University. From August of 1998 through March of 2000, Mr. Kopfinger served as a law clerk for the Honorable Steven V. Callaway, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Western District of Louisiana.
Outside of his professional practice, Mr. Kopfinger is on the Board of Directors of the Academic Distinction Fund and also serves on the Board of Directors for the University Laboratory School Foundation.
Affiliations and honors
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant, Louisiana (inactive)
- Louisiana State Law Institute, Tax Sales Committee, Member
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2019
- Tulane University, LL.M., 1998
- The Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D., 1991
- Louisiana State University, B.S., 1986
- State Bar of Louisiana, 1991
- State Bar of Texas
Speeches & Publications
- Co-author of "Dispute Resolution Under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act," FORC Quarterly Journal of Insurance Law and Regulation, Vol. XIII, Edition IV, December 2, 2000