Kelly Hart continues to be committed to the development of a diverse and inclusive workplace for attorneys, professionals and other staff members. We believe the knowledge and depth of life experiences these individuals bring to the firm are invaluable, and increase the skill and perception with which we provide legal services to our clients and contribute to our communities. Our commitment to diversity has created an atmosphere in which our people thrive and are encouraged to use their different talents, perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to serve our clients.
We make a special effort to identify and interview diverse candidates at all law schools at which we recruit. Members of the Recruiting and Diversity Committees attend minority job fairs and participate in events to meet talented and diverse law students, judicial clerks, and lateral candidates. Our recruitment and retention efforts involve ongoing and active participation in law schools and minority association job fairs, including efforts with the Sunbelt Minority Job Fair in Dallas.
Recruiting talented lawyers is only the first step. We are also dedicated to developing, retaining, and promoting our attorneys. In addition to a firm culture of collegiality and mutual respect, we have created mentoring and professional development programs to ensure that our lawyers receive every opportunity to achieve personal growth and professional success.
As evidence of our commitment to diversity, Kelly Hart has established a committee to coordinate and oversee the firm's diversity efforts. The Diversity Committee members include:
- Cheryl P. Leb, Co-Chair
- Demarcus J. Gordon, Co-Chair
- Leslie M. Darby
- David H. Garza
- Alan D. Hegi
- Monica Jacobs
- Scott R. Wiehle
- Shauna J. Wright
- Proud Sponsor of the Annual Texas Minority Counsel Programs, 2011-2018
- Proud Sponsor of the Texas Wall Street Women Industry Panel
- Proud Sponsor of the University of Texas Center for Women in Law's Power Summit on Law & Leadership
- Proud Sponsor of the Travis County Women Lawyers' Association and Foundation Annual Grants and Awards Luncheon
- Proud Sponsor of the Minority Corporate Counsel Association Regional Networking Forum
- Proud Sponsor of the Texas Minority Counsel Annual CLE Program
- Proud Sponsor of the LSBA Diversity Conclave
- Texas Appleseed Diversity Legal Scholars Program
- Women's Energy Network