Daniel L. Lowry
Daniel L. Lowry has more than 30 years' experience assisting domestic borrowers and lenders in structuring, negotiating, documenting, closing, and administering secured and unsecured credit transactions. His clients principally include domestic financial institutions, national and middle-market companies, sponsors, developers and investors. Mr. Lowry’s extensive experience includes construction loan facilities, oil and gas project financing, real estate development financing, commercial paper back-up facilities, asset securitizations and monetizations, letters of credit and credit enhancements, among others. These transactions have covered a wide spectrum of industries, including media and telecommunications, energy and power, hotel and hospitality, real estate partnerships, financial institutions and financial service providers, manufacturing and industrial businesses, and retail and consumer service providers.
Mr. Lowry also has a sophisticated real estate practice that has included the acquisition, development and/or sale of high profile real estate projects in Hawaii, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas, among other locations. He is the co-author of the definitive treatise “A Comprehensive Note Purchase Guide,” Volume III, Numbers 4 and 5, the Practical Real Estate Lawyer. His work in the purchase of debt instruments was a forerunner of the explosive growth of the secondary debt markets.
Mr. Lowry was a founding member of the Texas Association of Bank Counsel, is a former member of the Partnership Law Committee of the State Bar of Texas, and is a current member of the Financial Institutions Committee and Real Estate Opinion Letter Committee of the Texas State Bar.
Affiliations and honors
- Texas Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
- State Bar of Texas
Financial Institutions Committee, 1984-Present
Real Estate Opinion Letter Committee, 1994-Present
Partnership Law Committee, 1981-1984
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2012-2015
- Fort Worth Real Estate and Commercial Law Counsel, Co-Chairman, 1984-1987
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2015-2019
- Top Attorney in Banking and Financial Law, 360West magazine, 2017-2018
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine, 2012-2013, 2015-2016, 2018
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Southwestern Law Journal, Book Review Editor, 1977-1978
- Southern Methodist University, M.A., 1975
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1973
- State Bar of Texas, 1978