Dee J. Kelly, Jr.
Dee J. Kelly, Jr. is a Partner of the firm and served as Managing Partner from 2005-2016. His practice centers upon civil litigation at both the trial and appellate levels in a broad range of commercial matters. He also maintains an active administrative law practice representing parties before state and federal agencies. Mr. Kelly is a lifelong resident of Fort Worth, Texas.
Mr. Kelly is a Master Member of the Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, Vice President of the Center for American International Law, a Trustee for the University of Texas Law School Foundation and is the former President of the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce. He has been named by Texas Monthly magazine as a "Texas Super Lawyer" every year since 2003 and recognized as an "Attorney of Excellence" by the Fort Worth Business Press for over ten years. In 2011, Mr. Kelly was named one of Fort Worth’s "Power Attorneys" by the Fort Worth Business Press. He previously served on the Board of Trustees for AMR Investment Services, Inc. and was named by President George W. Bush to a three-year term on the Board of Governors of the United Service Organizations (USO). Mr. Kelly fulfills his commitment to the community through his service on various boards including the Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show, the Fort Worth Zoological Association, the Fort Worth Symphony, and the Van Cliburn Foundation. Mr. Kelly is former President of the Board of Trustees of All Saints Episcopal School of Fort Worth.
Mr. Kelly is actively engaged in the political process, having served as chair of numerous candidate committees in local, state and national elections.
Experience and highlights
- Representing major transportation company in a wide variety of matters, including litigation over protection of intellectual property and online distribution rights;
- Successfully defending class action suits involving public company disclosures and securities violations;
- Representing public and private oil and gas companies in a variety of contractual, environmental and personal injury disputes;
- Representing municipal governments and elected officials in a variety of matters;
- Representing companies in disputes over employee theft, conversion of business opportunities, and fraud claims; and
- Active appellate practice before local, state and administrative courts.
Affiliations and honors
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 2015 - 2017
- Center for American and International Law, Board of Trustees, 2006 - 2017; Vice Chair, 2015 - 2017
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, Court Advisory Committee, 2013 - 2017
- University of Texas Law School Foundation, Trustee, 2014 - 2017
- The University of Texas System, Chancellor's Council Executive Committee, 2012 - 2017
- The University of Texas, College of Liberal Arts, Dean's Advisory Committee, 2008 - 2017
- Performing Arts Fort Worth/Bass Performance Hall, Board of Directors, 2016 - 2017
- Fort Worth Symphony Association, Board Member, 2010 - 2018
- Southwestern Exposition and Livestock Show, Board Member, 2004 - 2017
- Van Cliburn Foundation; Board Member, Executive Committee, 2010 - 2017
- Fort Worth Zoological Association Executive Committee, 1990 - 2017
- Safe City Commission, Board Member, 2005 - 2017
- Tarrant County Citizens Blue Ribbon Health Care Committee, 2017
- Southeast Fort Worth, Inc., Board Member, 2017
- Worthington National Bank, Board Member, 2007 - 2017
- Exchange Club of Fort Worth, President, 2017
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, Former President, 2015 - 2016; Board Member, 2010 - 2017
- Streams and Valleys, Former President, 2004 - 2006; Board Member, 2002 - 2017
- All Saints Episcopal School Board of Trustees, 2006 - 2014; Former President, 2007 - 2013
- Trinity Improvement Association, Former Chairman, 2008 - 2012
- United Way of Tarrant County, Former Board Member, 2009 - 2012
- Cotton Bowl Athletic Association, Former Board Member, 2008 - 2013
- Distinguished Citizen Award, Longhorn Council of the Boy Scouts of America, 2014
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2007 - 2017
- Texas Monthly Super Lawyer, 2003 - 2016
- Fort Worth, Texas Magazine Top Attorney, 2006 - 2016
- Fort Worth Business Press Attorney of Excellence
- Fort Worth Business Press Power Attorney, 2012
- Best Lawyers’ 2014 Dallas Administrative / Regulatory Law "Lawyer of the Year."
- United Service Organizations, Board of Governors, Appointed by President George W. Bush, 2004 - 2007
- Federal Judicial Evaluation Committee, Appointed by U.S. Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1985
- The University of Texas, B.A., with honors, 1982
- State Bar of Texas, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas