K.C. Thompson concentrates her practice in corporate finance, with a particular emphasis on aircraft finance and fleet transactions. Ms. Thompson handles aircraft finance transactions structured as, or utilizing, sale-leasebacks, leveraged leases, mortgage financings, operating leases, warehouse facilities and manufacturer-supported financings. Many of these structures employ capital markets financing techniques, including pass through and other forms of securitization transactions which often involve forms of credit enhancement. In addition, she focuses on aircraft fleet transactions, including aircraft purchasing and transfers
Ms. Thompson also has considerable experience representing borrowers in all types of financing transactions, including revolving credit and term-loan facilities; debt restructurings, domestic and Eurodollar loans, and letters of credit. She has also represented issuers in numerous other capital raising transactions, including public and private offerings of common stock, unsecured debt and convertible securities.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Thompson served as internal counsel for a major domestic airline, where she gained more than 15 years of experience supporting the airline’s treasury and fleet transactions teams on legal matters related to borrowing and capital raising transactions, the purchasing, financing, leasing and disposition of commercial jets in a fleet of more than 690 aircrafts, and the ongoing administration of an extensive debt portfolio.
Experience and highlights
- Representation of domestic airline in commercial aircraft sale-leaseback facilities in 2011 with an aggregate value of more than $2 billion
- Representation of domestic airline in manufacturer commitment to finance more than ninety commercial aircraft through leasing transactions
Affiliations and honors
- Top Attorney, 360 West magazine, 2017-2021
- Aviation, Admiralty, Maritime, and Transportation Law
- Honored as team member by Airfinance Journal Editor's Award, 2010
- Airline Treasury Team of the Year Award, 2004
- The University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D.
- New Mexico State University, B.A.
- New Mexico Law Review, Survey Editor
- State Bar of Texas, 1987