Craig N. Smetko
Craig Smetko currently serves as Of Counsel in the firm’s Corporate & Securities practice. Prior to joining Kelly Hart, he held the position of Of Counsel in the Corporate Finance Department of Chapman and Cutler LLP.
Mr. Smetko’s extensive legal experience includes serving as Associate General Counsel and Assistant Secretary in the Law Department of BNSF Railway Company, where he worked for over 25 years. During his tenure, he managed the corporate secretary function for the Board of Directors of the publicly traded parent company, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation, a Fortune 200 company, since 2001 as the Assistant Secretary. Mr. Smetko was also responsible for corporate governance, general corporate matters, finance, equipment acquisition and leasing, and a diverse range of sophisticated contractual matters for the Strategic Sourcing and Technology Services departments, including software development agreements. Prior to his time at BNSF Railway Company, Mr. Smetko also practiced in the real estate department at Rudnick & Wolfe (now DLA Piper) from 1984 to 1990.
AFFILIATIONS AND HONORS
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Top Attorney, 360 West magazine
- Corporate Counsel, 2020-2023
- Aviation, Admiralty, Maritime, and Transportation Law, 2019
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1978
- University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, B.A., cum laude, 1975
- State Bar of Texas, 2002
- State Bar of Illinois, 1978 (Retired)