Sean A. Bryan
Mr. Bryan serves on the Board of Directors of the Tarrant County College Foundation, where he chairs the Foundation’s investment committee, and the board of the Fort Worth Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. He is a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and of the Tarrant County Bar Foundation.
Experience and highlights
He has advised on numerous tax-deferred exchanges of both real and personal property, and formed and restructured related ownership entities. Included in his many transactions was a sale of a 50% interest in a District of Columbia office building in a manner to permit the other owner to undertake a tax deferred exchange and the consolidation of multiple data centers in furtherance of a $100,000,000 infusion of new equity, which included the new creation of real estate investment trusts. He has extensive experience in restructuring entities to facilitate the requirements of debt and equity financing.
He has counselled on investment funds, security investment partnerships, service companies, real estate holdings, family limited partnerships, and restructuring existing entities for purposes of securitized borrowing.
He has been involved in numerous mergers, divisions, and conversions of entities among structures and states.
Affiliations and honors
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Leadership Fort Worth
- Leadership Colleyville
- Tarrant County College Foundation, Board of Directors
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Fort Worth Chapter, Board of Directors
- Virginia Tax Review, Executive Editor
- Named a "Top Attorney" in Tax Law by 360 West magazine, 2017
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Abilene Christian University, B.B.A., summa cum laude, 1987
- State Bar of Texas
Speeches & Publications
- "An Empirical Study on Intercircuit Conflicts on Federal Income Tax Issues" VA. Tax. Rev. 125, 1989