Jillian M. Borreson
Jillian Borreson is an associate in the firm’s Oil & Gas/Energy section, where she focuses on litigation and transactions related to oil and gas, and energy industries. Ms. Borreson represents oil and gas operators, landowners, mineral and royalty owners, and surface developers. In addition, Ms. Borreson handles matters related to real estate, oil and gas leases, surface use agreements, water use and disposal agreements, water leases, pipeline easements, and agreements related to the emerging field of renewable energy, such as wind and solar initiatives.
Ms. Borreson earned her J.D. degree from Texas Tech University School of Law. Ms. Borreson interned at Davis, Gerald and Cremer, and in the US Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York.
Before pursuing a legal career, Ms. Borreson earned a B.A. degree in Political Science from Columbia University in the city of New York.
AFFILIATIONS AND HONORS
Midland Bar Association
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2023
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Tech Law Review, Executive Managing Editor
- Legal Writing Teaching Fellow
- Columbia University in the City of New York, B.A., 2018
- NCAA Division 1 Women’s Basketball, Team Captain
- Author, Houston, “We Have a Market Design Problem: Why the Legislative Response to Winter Storm Uri Does Not Yet Develop a More Efficient Market Mechanism to Ensure Reliability,” Oil and Gas, Natural Resources, and Energy Journal, Vol. 7 No.4, 2022