Julie E. Shelton
Julie Shelton is an associate in the firm’s Oil and Gas practice group focusing on litigation and transactions related to oil, gas, and energy for a diverse clientele, including producers, operators, mineral buyers, and landowners. Her practice encompasses disputes involving oil and gas lease terminations, post-production costs, royalty discrepancies, joint operating agreements, and purchase and sale agreements.
Ms. Shelton earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Texas Tech University School of Law, where she completed an Energy Law concentration and also served as the Executive Managing Editor of the Journal of the Energy Law Practitioner. Prior to law school, Ms. Shelton received her B.S. in Agricultural Leadership from Texas Tech University in 2013.
AFFILIATIONS and HONORS
- Midland County Bar Association
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2023
- Board of Barristers
- Journal of the Energy Law Practitioner, Executive Managing Editor
- Advance Dispute Resolution Clinic
- Mediation and Arbitration Certified
- Texas Tech University, B.S., 2013
- State Bar of Texas, 2023