Daniel Lichtl is a highly experienced attorney who specializes in corporate, business, and litigation law. With his extensive knowledge in both domestic and cross-border transactions and litigations, he has successfully represented clients across a diverse range of industries. Mr. Lichtl’s primary focus is on corporate formation, business counseling, and general corporate matters. He has helped clients acquire, finance, and structure industrial and agricultural developments, as well as negotiate various commercial transactions such as share subscription agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset sale agreements, and yacht/vessel purchases.
Apart from his corporate and litigation practice, Mr. Lichtl has also defended environmental claims by landowners against oil companies and investigated numerous shipboard accidents, including collision, personal injuries, and cargo damage.
In addition, Mr. Lichtl is fluent in Spanish and has extensive experience in cross-border transactions. He has conducted investigations for matters in Mexico, Colombia, and Venezuela, and has worked closely with local counsel to provide legal opinions to corporate clients regarding conducting business in foreign countries. Mr. Lichtl has also assisted in forming offshore corporations.
EXPERIENCE AND HIGHLIGHTS
- Represented appliance distributor in asset sale to national distributor of plumbing supplies
- Represented real estate holding company in financing of all its Louisiana properties
- Represented Florida company in construction and purchase of 112’ yacht
- Represented family owner member in sale of interest in heavy machinery company
- Represented national oil company in its refinancing of its Louisiana properties
- Represented Colombian family in its purchase of syrup/sugar mills and agricultural properties in Louisiana
- Represented various Louisiana companies in sale of ethanol/agricultural equipment and properties in Louisiana to the state-owned Colombian oil company
AFFILIATIONS AND HONORS
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Christian Brothers Foundation, Board of Directors, August 2015-Present
- Kingsley House, Board of Directors, November 2002-2004
- Leadership in Law, New Orleans CityBusiness, 2021
- Loyola School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Auburn University, B.S., International Business, 1996
- State Bar of Louisiana, 1999
- State Bar of Texas, 2005